UCSF is committed to reflecting the diversity of California's population across all levels of our staff by working to recruit and retain diverse employees, particularly those who have been systematically and historically underrepresented in leadership positions.
To advance these efforts, the Office of Diversity and Outreach, in partnership with Human Resources, has implemented a UCSF-wide process improvement to disrupt unconscious bias present in our hiring and promotions processes. This includes data-driven best practices, standardized work for hiring senior staff and leadership positions (M3 and above), a Staff Equity Advisor offering training and consultations, and the requirement that candidates submit a Contributions to Diversity statement as part of their recruitment process.
If you are hiring for a leadership role or would like more information, please contact the program lead for the Staff Equity Advisor:
- Alejandra Rincón, PhD
Assistant Vice Chancellor and Chief of Staff, Office of Diversity and Outreach
If you have an upcoming search, please contact the HR representative for this initiative:
- Jessica Driessler, MBA, RACR
Associate Director, Talent Acquisition Campus and Health
Meet the Staff Equity Advisors
To ensure that excellence, equity, and diversity are considered in all aspects of staff recruitment and the hiring process, Staff Equity Advisors provide stewardship of recruitment at the Manager 3 level and above by working with hiring managers, training search committees, and monitoring search processes and outcomes that are in alignment with UCSF's Anti-Racism Initiative.
Director of Staffing and Strategic Programs,
School of Dentistry, Dean's Office
Information & Resources
- Contributions to Diversity Statement
- Guidance on Composition of Leadership Committees
- Leading with Diversity: Strategies for Recruitment and Retention - University of California CORO Leadership Collaborative, Northern Cohort
- Leading with Diversity: UC as a National Model for Cultivating Diverse Leaders – University of California CORO Leadership Collaborative Report, Northern Cohort Recommendations