A Commitment to the Bay Area
We seek to further UCSF commitment to
the Bay Area
What We’re Doing to Meet This Goal
- Working with UCSF’s Anchor Institution Initiative to ensure spending of UCSF resources on Black-owned businesses
- Supporting the Black Health Initiative's mission to help UCSF be a better partner with the Black community by centering community voices to reduce health disparities and uplift Black health, wellness and prosperity
- Committing to workforce development goals in our Comprehensive Parnassus Heights Plan, to ensure we are expanding access to gainful employment
- Partnering with Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) to close gaps in access to internship opportunities for Black students
How We’ll Measure Progress
- Tracking money spent on minority communities will allow us to measure our progress in spending UCSF resources at Black-owned businesses
- Tracking demographic hiring data will allow us to understand if we are meeting our workforce development goals.
- Process metric: Pre-planning with community members to plan listening session(s)
- Hosting listening sessions with community leaders will help us level-set and shape a process in which community input guides the protocols we establish.