Diversity in Leadership
We seek to achieve demographic diversity in leadership (M3 and above)
What We're Doing to Meet This Goal
- Expanding Staff Equity Advisor recruitment model to increase understanding and accountability for hiring diverse teams
- Reviewing high-profile leadership development opportunities (e.g. CORO, UCWI), to ensure we are being intentional about creating diverse, inclusive programs
- Building a leadership development program for all leaders, to open paths to leadership for under-represented groups
How We'll Measure Progress
- Tracking the number of equity advisors trained and units represented will help us ensure we are growing the cadre of qualified equity advisors.
- Analyzing job applicant and selection pools against affirmative action data will allow us to determine the degree of diversity of applicant pools and position incumbents.
- Tracking and analyzing demographic data for staff who report to Cabinet members will allow us to measure the success of leadership development programs in diversifying leadership at the M3 level and above.
- Tracking the diversity of positions that are appointed vs. positions that are searched will help us identify potential disparities at the faculty level.