Diversity in Leadership
UCSF is working to achieve demographic diversity in leadership by: expanding the staff equity recruitment model to increase understanding and accountability for hiring diverse teams; building leadership development programs for faculty and staff employees to open paths to leadership for under-represented groups; and reviewing high-profile leadership development opportunities to ensure we are being intentional about creating diverse, inclusive programs. This page highlights current progress and accomplishments.
A UCSF-wide process improvement that aims to disrupt unconscious biases in our hiring and promotion processes.
- Program was established September 2020.
Staff Equity & Leadership Training
- Eight Staff Equity Advisors hired & trained
- Eight special projects developed/being developed
- Search Committee Training / Presentations: > 50 Manager 3+ searches since 10/2020
Toolkit & Other Resources
- Three special projects completed: Third-Party Agencies Service Accountability Agreement; Diversity Recruitment Practice at a Glance; Ensuring Inclusion and Selection of Applicants and Candidates
- Diversity Hiring Toolkit created and available on UCNET
- 198 individuals engaged with Diversity Toolkit
Diversity Talent Strategy
- One dedicated full-time employee hired to support the AESR Program
- Three departments collaborate (Office of Diversity and Outreach, Talent Acquisition, Human Resources)
- Ongoing analysis of programs, data, and strategy
A two-year project, funded by the UCOP Advancing Faculty Diversity Initiative
- Created LEAD webpage on Office of Diversity and Outreach website
- Developed toolkit materials to facilitate and track promising practices
- Created Search Committee Chair Survey for Departmental Leadership to assess rates of implementation of best practices
- Collected baseline data