At UCSF our working definition of an underrepresented minority (URM) is someone whose racial or ethnic makeup is from one of the following:
- African American / Black
- Asian: Filipino, Hmong*, or Vietnamese only
- Hispanic / Latinx
- Native American / Alaskan Native
- Native Hawaiian / Other Pacific Islander
- Two or more races, when one or more are from the preceding racial and ethnic categories in this list
* Hmong is not an explicit option on the UC employment forms at this time.
Are you creating or chairing a committee?
Please see the Guidance on Composition of Leadership Committees.