NIH Diversity Supplements
The Office of Diversity and Outreach is collaborating with the Research Development Office, the School of Medicine's Differences Matter initiative, and the Clinical & Translational Science Institute to support the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Diversity Supplements at UCSF.
Funds are available from the NIH to improve the diversity of the research workforce by recruiting and supporting students, postdoctorates, and eligible investigators from diverse backgrounds, including those from groups that have been shown to be underrepresented in health-related research. Funds are also available for program directors and principle investigators who are or become disabled and need additional support to accommodate their disability.
NIH Diversity Supplements - How to Receive a Candidate Eligibility Statement
To receive a Candidate Eligibility Statement from the Office of Diversity & Outreach (ODO), please be sure that you have reviewed and are familiar with the eligibility criteria and application process. If you need help with the application process including on how to draft a diversity eligibility letter, contact OSR Find My Support for assistance.
Please read the instructions below before submitting a request:
Candidate Eligibility Statement Request Form
Request forms are due on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month by 11:59pm Pacific.
How to submit a request:
- Complete request form and include all required information and documents by the deadline.
- ODO will process the submitted request after the 1st and 3rd Friday of each month.*
- Most requests will receive the eligibility statement from ODO within 10 business days after the deadline.**
* If the request is submitted before the 1st or 3rd Friday, it will not be processed early.
** Periods with a high volume of submissions (i.e., March to May) and incomplete requests may require a longer time for ODO to process. We highly recommend planning and submitting early.
Required documents to upload:
- A draft eligibility statement stating how their diversity criteria supports their research.
- An attestation statement declaring the candidate's eligibility according to the criteria listed in the NIH Research Supplements to Promote Diversity in Health-Related Research (PA-20-166).
- The candidate may use this attestation statement form.
- Sign, save (in PDF), and submit the attestation with the request form.
- The first email will be sent within 3 business day after the deadline to confirm your request has been received.
- The second email will be sent within 10 business days regarding the status of your request.
- Please refrain from contacting our office to check on the status of your request within the 10 business days after the deadline.
All questions should be sent to email@example.com.